Sunday, February 26, 2017

Psalm 23



I was reading Psalm 23 from The Voice bible translation, and some specific verses leaped out differently to me. So here's me sharing what it spoke to me.


He soothes my fears; He makes me whole again, steering me off worn, hard paths to roads where truth and righteousness echo His name (Verse 3)

He does the soothing of your fears. You don't have to psyche yourself, or do some mental trick, or emotional regime. You simply depend on Him to soothe whatever fear that's plaguing you.
He makes you whole again. Any area of your life where you are or feel less than, he infuses wholeness.
He steers you off that tired path of life, that path that's full of hardship, and weariness. He does the steering, especially when you are tired and helpless with making the difficult adult decisions of life.

Even in the unending shadows of death’s darkness, I am not overcome by fear. Because You are with me in those dark moments, near with Your protection and guidance; I am comforted (Verse 4)

Even when Murphy's Law starts happening, and everything that can go wrong goes wrong, and there's no glimmer of hope in sight......even then, you are not overcome by fear. Why? Because YOU KNOW He is there even in those moments. And because in His presence is protection and guidance, why should you fear? Instead, you should be comforted, because you ARE comforted

You spread out a table before me, provisions in the midst of attack from my enemies; You care for all my needs, anointing my head with soothing, fragrant oil, filling my cup again and again with Your grace (Verse 5)

Smack in the middle of hell's attack on your life, He gives you provisions. Every need you have is cared for. His oil of anointing is flowing in your life. Not just flowing, but overflowing and running over. This is the truth. You must therefore stir up that oil of anointing in your life for it to flow, fill your life, and overflow into the lives of people and situations you're connected with.


Certainly Your faithful protection and loving provision will pursue me where I go, always, everywhere. I will always be with the Eternal, in Your house forever (Verse 6)

Ha! Faithful protection - meaning the protection is committed to keeping you safe. Loving provision - meaning a sense of providence that's looking out for you, better than you can for yourself. These two are not only with you, but eagerly pursuing you everywhere you go. You are never ever without these two. Hallelujah! And because of that, you will forever dwell in His presence, in His habitation, and in His dwelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect with me on