Saturday, January 21, 2017

My thoughts on Eddie Long


I told myself I wasn't going to talk about Eddie Long, because i respect the anointing that was on his life, even though I didn't agree with some of his ways. But the bible did not whitewash David, Saul, Samson, Jonah, etcs issues. It did not deny and repress them. It stated them, without condemnation. So we should be able to address the discrepancies regarding Eddie Long with integrity. Just sweeping them under the carpet and pretending they never existed is the same culture that enables predators, molesters, and even rapists to thrive on the pulpit (not that Eddie Long was any of these)
I am a rape survivor, and my violators ARE active in church and have never admitted their crime. It is this same culture of denying whats in your face that makes it flourish.
Again: I AM NOT CONDEMNING OR VILIFYING EDDIE LONG! He was human with flaws, and anointed. But he had discrepancies in his life that contradicted his anti gay stance. If only he had been real about it. Unfortunately, being real about it would have been ministry suicide, so the apparent viable option was denial, repression, and a vehement attack on the very things he had a proclivity to. Sigh!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect with me on