Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Another casualty to suicide


I was really shocked when I read that Lee Thompson Young had committed suicide. I wouldnt say I was a fan of his, but I was impressed to see a young brother chasing his dream and being successful at it; and he appeared as regular and "normal" as any person you could meet. It hurt, even though I don't know him, because I could only imagine what inner demons and trauma he wrestled with that made him conclude that self annihilation was the only route to go
And of course, I empathized more, because I have been there. I know what it feels like to hear the seducing allure claiming death is the only solution; I know what it feels like for hopelessness, despair and despondence to be so overwhelming that the mind literally shuts down. I know the sweet promise of escape that's hoped for as one thinks of foolproof ways to do this. I am one of the lucky few who can say I attempted suicide three times, and failed (with side effects of a nervous breakdown, being a coma for a week, and hospitalized all three times).

As usual, everyone who knows him says he appeared like everything was going well and great with him, and of course he left no suicide note, so no one has an idea what internal horrors he was dealing with. But usually, isnt that what people always say? Most people weave up a well crafted facade to mask the turmoil brewing and seething beneath the surface, waiting to erupt.

"Lord, I pray for anyone who is reading this and is having suicidal thoughts, or is connected to someone having these, especially those who have mastered the art of presenting a perfect and sedate facade. I pray that your Spirit will minister to them in ways only you can. If you rescued me three times when I was blinded by my trauma and pain, I know you can do much more for thousands of others. Lord, I pray your Spirit will lead us to be more sensitive and discerning to the pains people are going thru, even when they camouflage it perfectly, and we receive the GRACE to minister to them in ways that will alleviate their pains - no judgment, condemnation, laws, religion or rhetoric, but the life saving and transforming power of the gospel, and the anointing that breaks the yoke. In Jesus name we pray"

Please share this post with friends, and anyone having suicidal thoughts or tendencies, please don't hesitate to send me an email - kennethtamara@yahoo.com
I don't have all the answers, but I do empathize and understand, and I know resources I could point you towards.

2 comments:

  1. I guess d young man is fed up with living but talking of suicide, y is it an offence again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one has the right to take life (his or another). Only God has that right.
      Suicide is just a temporal escape, after which you'd leave in more bondage and pain (IN HELL) eternally.
      Remember also that God never fails. Things maybe rough now but STORMS don't last forever.
      Please check out this article on STORMS NOT LASTING FOREVER peaceitimi.blogspot.com/2013/10/im-in-storm-but-i-have-faith-that-it.html?m=1

      Delete

Connect with me on