Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Mental Health Awareness on Mental Health day Oct 10th with the album "Suicide was hope to me"

 

October 10th was declared a Mental Health Day in 1992 by the World Federation of Mental Health. As a result, this is the perfect opportunity to acknowledge this by highlighting the 4 songs I recorded on the Mental Health addressing album "Suicide was hope to me"

"Suicide was hope to me". A very bold title for an album. Yet it reflects the state of mind I was in. I am a 3 times suicide attempt survivor. The last 2 attempts left me in a coma for 5 days, and the final one had me experiencing an out of body experience, and drifting away into the here after.

Someone asked me to write a song about my suicidal frame of mind. I already have published 2 books about it, so I jumped on the challenge. "Suicide was hope to me" is an EP of 4 songs about my journey. It isnt about trying to make a popular or even acceptable kind of music. I just wanted to share the experience I went through.


WHEN WILL THIS BE
It starts with this song, which is a cry out for help. When will it be that I can find escape from the pain and confusion consuming me from within? Where is the hope and peace we all long for? Will I ever find it? When I was writing this song, it almost felt like I was writing a suicide note

WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE
This song is more of a musical interlude, and it is a cry out from a point of nexus. I knew the distractions I was using to medicate the emptiness and loneliness within were not working, but I felt I had no alternative. What else was I supposed to do but cry out for help?

SOMETIMES

"Sometimes" is a conversation with Jesus. Even though I had a relationship with Him, I was still feeling lonely, depressed and even suicidal. This was me expressing my inner conflicts to Him.

MY NEW LIFE

This song is my song of redemption. Through all the gloom, doom and inner conflicts, somehow God brought me through and gave me a second chance at living. I have a new lease at life because of His grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect with me on