Saturday, March 9, 2013

Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey

This is my first blog for the year. Wow! Anyway, my muse is back from her vacation, so I'm back to sharing my thoughts. And the new documentary (which opened yesterday) on the rock band, Journey's , lead singer is an inspirational story.

I won't say I ever was a fan of Journey. Sure, "Open Arms" is one of my favorite ballads (and fav to do at Karaokes), but I never was rabid over them like I was for Whitney and Michael. So when their lead singer, Steve Perry quit back in the 80's, it was "Oh well", for me. Fast forward through the years of the band trying to find a new lead singer with a soaring tenor like Perry had to 2007, when the band discovers a singer from a 3rd world country on YouTube singing his heart out. And that's the story of Arnel Pineda. From humble beginnings, and following his God given gift, he suddenly is plucked out from YouTube to front one of the the most successful bands in music history. Journey has sold 80 million albums worldwide.

"A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men" - Proverbs 18:16

This scripture has most certainly been fulfilled in the life of Arnel. He has not only performed to packed stadiums, his current net worth is stated as $15 million. Not bad for where he started from.

Below is the trailer for this documentary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect with me on