Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 2011


This year's Thanksgiving Day brings a lot for me to be extremely grateful for. First of all, I thank God for being committed to me, and patiently working with me thru my issues. I would have given up on me a long time ago, but somehow he patiently hangs in there with me, teaching me the same lesson over and over and over until after the upteenth time it finally sinks in (and he probably goes "Phew! One down, 777 to go.....")

I am thankful to God for my baby. My wedding anniversary was last month, and now I have experiential knowledge of the travails of marriage. Yet I choose to be cleaved to no other but my baby. She grounds me from my sketchy flightiness like no other can. I am the extrovert ready to soar and spread my soul with the world, and she is the foundation that secures me to wisdom and practical reality. And she's the mother of my treasured princess and supermodel!

I'm thankful to God for my incredible mother who is waxing strong, and crossed over into using an android phone in her mid 70s. She has been my refuge for years, and it is an honor that I can be be her refuge now.
I got reacquainted with my 82 year old Dad this year, and achieved a childhood longing of pouring out my heart to him, and to have him lay his hands on me, prophesying my good success, and telling me he loved me (why did I boo-hoo like a toddler cos my dad and I used the "L" word on each other? Wimp! lol)

My brother, Raphael is the bestest brother I could ever have. If I went into a grocery store to choose brothers, I would have gladly chosen him. I am insanely in love with him. My sister, her kids and my uncles and aunts, have all been a blessing to me, and I am eternally grateful to God for them.

And I have been awesomely blessed to connect with my newly discovered half brothers and sisters. They have been a pure delight to get to know, and it has been so effortless, as if I have known them all my life.

So yes, I am eternally grateful for the blessings of God on my life - my family, my ministry, my career, my gifts, my anointing, and my friends! Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect with me on