Tuesday, July 9, 2024

HAPPY 86TH BIRTHDAY REFLECTION

 


This is a birthday tribute to my mother. The first picture is how I always knew and remembered my mother - strong, independent, and the foundation I knew was always there. Somewhere along the line, she transitioned into being older, vulnerable and dependent, and it took a minute for me to catch up to that reality. When I did, it was a jolting and almost scary reality of the transient fluidity of life.

This new reality also revealed new vulnerabilities - one of which has been a constant falling down. Somewhere somehow my mother has refused to embrace her new reality, so she keeps attempting to be the superwoman of her youth and keeps being in situations where she ends up falling down. One of such moments happened on the eve of this 86th birthday of hers. On the eve of her birthday, we were rushing her to the hospital. This is not the way an 86th birthday should be celebrated! We could panic and run haywire wondering about potential developments and could bes, or we can stay settled in the influence of God in her life. Glory to God! She was home on her birthday, celebrated by her loved ones. 

This may have been a quiet celebration, but it was a most appreciated celebration

WE LOVE YOU, MUMMY DEAREST.

1 comment:

Connect with me on